Don't drop out! Don't quit your job! Skip class or work for 1 week.
We are fast-tracking early technical tinkerers into tech greatness.
If you’re building a project that you’re passionate about, or have an idea or two that you haven’t been able to sit down and build yet, you should consider applying.
This program gives you one week to work on your project alongside some of the most successful founders in their 20s (and older successful people as well). You can think of this like a virtual hacker house. Instead of taking a one week vacation from school or your job, you will get to work on your own ideas surrounded by mentors. You will get $10,000 to spend however you’d like as early funding.
What happens at the end of week? That’s up to you. If you want, you can stop working, and no harm done. If you want to keep going and we think your company is promising, we’ll probably be able to help you get more funding.
Succeeding as a Z Fellow does not imply dropping out of school or quitting your job.
When in doubt, apply. We are all just winging it :).
• Josh Richards - Social Media Star w/30M+ Followers (he's only 18!)
• Samir Vasavada - Founder of Vise.com (HS graduate, Sequoia backed)
• Josh Browder - Founder of DoNotPay (Thiel Fellow)
• Phoebe Yao - Founder of Pareto (Stanford dropout)
• Lucy Guo - Founder of Scale (Started when she was 22. Recently valued at $3.5B)
• Justin Mateen - Founder of Tinder (started his company when he was 26)
• Sean Rad - Founder of Tinder (started his company when he was 26)
• Stanley Tang- Founder of DoorDash (started his company when he was 20)
• Dylan Field - Founder of Figma (Started when he was 20. Recently valued at $2B)
• Jon Oringor - Founder of Shutterstock
• Ben Herman - Founder of Jumpstart.me (HS dropout, Sequoia backed)
• Naval Ravikant - Founder of AngelList
• Keith Rabois - VC @ Founders Fund
• Marc Randolph - Founder of Netflix
Example Schedule (daily 10 min stand-ups):
• Day 1: Welcome Intro + Speaker Series with Dylan Field
• Day 2: 1-1 Office Hours and Speaker Series with Lucy Guo
• Day 3: Speaker Series with Josh Richards and Sean Rad
• Day 4: 1-1 Office Hours and Speaker Series with Keith Rabois
• Day 5: Speaker Series with Samir Vasavada and Josh Browder
• Day 6: 1-1 Office Hours and Speaker Series with Marc Randolph
• Day 7: Closing + Optional Demo Day (with all mentors)
All sessions will be roughly 1 hour and in the afternoon or evenings. The remaining time is for you to work :).
Example topics for speaker sessions:
• What should I focus on?
• How/when should I launch?
• What are best ways to growth hack? How do I get my first users or customers?
• Best ways to fundraise?
• How do I know if things are moving in the right direction?
• Should I leave my job or dropout?
• And more!
*We are only accepting 10 people per cohort.